Monday, 4 October 2010

TFI Punday COMPETITION!

The rumours are true! Worry not about tube strikes and horrendous weather, because the best day of the week has returned! Yes, TFI Punday is BACK!

For those of you who are new readers to this little nook in the internet, TFI Punday was my own little attempt at bringing some sunshine back into Mondays (generally regarded as the least popular day of the seven). Every week I set a topic like Food Films or Kitchen Songs and for the next 24 hours or so I'd be bombarded with jokes from everyone I knew and a lot of people that I didn't. And how we all laughed and cried together. It was truly a beautiful thing.

But things evolve and morph, and as such TFI Punday will have a little twist this time 'round. This time, it IS a competition! I've scoured the news for stories that are a little out-of-the-ordinary, and they will be our subjects. I want a headline for each one, plain and simple. And not only that, there are prizes! Dramatic music please!

The best headline for each story will receive an official Punning Man "PUNS NOT GUNS" tshirt and a tote bag of their choice from The Punning Man Boutique!

So, here are your stories to title. As you'll see, the Beeb haven't exactly gone all out with their efforts:

Google Street View hits Antarctic

and

French thieves steal entire Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard

I hope this feeds your minds and cheers up this otherwise gloomy Monday for you. And you could win what has been voted the "Best Tshirt Ever" for you your trouble! That might be a lie.

Join in on Twitter (tag with #tfipunday), Facebook or email your entries to sean@thepunningman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment